Check out this week’s sales at the RCC from July 18 – 24, 2018!
Enjoy BOGO Turkey Hill Ice Cream this week and celebrate National Ice Cream Month! It’s delicious! Check out the new Recipe below!!
Recipe of the Month
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- GRAHAM CRACKER MIXTURE:
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- ICE CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter. Pat into an ungreased 15×10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the ice cream ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
- Crumble the graham cracker mixture. In a large container, layer the ice cream, graham cracker mixture and blueberry sauce three times; swirl. Freeze.
1/2 cup: 459 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.