Check out this week’s sales at the RCC from August 1st – 7th!
NEW Recipe of the Month below!!
Recipe of the Month
SUMMER SHRIMP NOODLE BOWLS
- 2 zucchini squash, spiralized OR substitute angle hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 to 10 shishito peppers
- 2 ears of sweet corn, grilled or charred
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or sliced, sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
Pat the shrimp completely dry with paper towels. Once it’s dry, season it with the salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once it’s melted and begins to sizzle, add the shrimp in batches (don’t overcrowd it!) and cook on both sides until pink. The butter will brown as the shrimp cooks and you can whisk it occasionally to prevent it from burning. When the shrimp is finished, stir in the garlic (I stir a little in each batch of the shrimp) and cook for a second then place the shrimp on a plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp!
Toss the noodles over medium heat for a few minutes until they are just barely cooked. Taste one and determine if you need some salt and pepper to taste. Place the noodles in one large bowl. Build the rest of your bowl, adding on the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, grilled corn and peppers. Add a few herbs over top and you’re good to go!