Board Elections 2018:
Renaissance Community Co-op (RCC) Owners:
Renaissance Community Co-op will hold annual elections for the Board of Directors prior to and during the RCC Annual Meeting on Saturday, October 13, 2018. This fall, RCC will be filling three (3) owner seats on the Board. All candidates running for election on the board must be a RCC owner in good standing (up-to-date payments on ownership). We encourage all interested individuals committed to furthering the mission and success of RCC to run for election. The Board strives to represent the diverse community we serve. Please review the candidate requirements carefully to ensure you’re able to fulfill board member expectations.
There are currently over 1,500 owners. The Board of Directors consists of nine (9) owners. The role of the Board of Directors is to represent the interests of our members by setting policies that direct the long-term viability of the store. The RCC General Manager, Mike Sakellaridis, is charged with day-to-day operations of the store along with our department heads and staff. The Board of Directors operates according to Policy Governance, which outlines our vision and goals as a store and policies for achieving those goals.
Eligibility for Board Candidacy
- RCC member in good standing who is eligible to vote in the October 13th election
- Formally submit your own name for nomination
- Plan to serve a three-year term on the Board, fulfilling all the duties of board service
Board Member Expectations
- Work cooperatively with other Board members, staff and owners to achieve an effective balance between financial success, equitable and sustainable business practices, and democratic community ownership.
- Attend a two (2) hour Board meeting once a month
- Participate in committees monthly
- Communicate via email regarding RCC business on a regular basis
- Appropriately prepare for Board meetings
- Attend the Annual Meeting of the Co-op
- Participate in Board orientation, retreats, periodic trainings and conferences
- Represent the RCC at community events
- Willing to take on an Officer role that has additional time requirements (as needed)
- An understanding of the seven (7) co-op principles (link)
- Committed to the success of the Renaissance Community Cooperative
Board Member Skills and Attributes (preferred)
- Commitment to the success of the community immediately surrounding the co-op
- Connections across the City of Greensboro
- Knowledge of RCC history
- Support and knowledge of the Community Ownership Model
- Adaptability to teaching and learning roles
- Specific expertise/experience:
If you are interested in running for a Board seat, please submit a completed Nominations Form and clear photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8th, 2018. All owners will be able to vote in the store or online prior to the Annual Meeting. Thank you for your support of the Renaissance Community Co-op.
Online and in-store voting will begin September 8th, 2018 and end October 6th. The election will take place at the RCC Annual Meeting on October 13th, 2018 at Peeler Recreation Center from 4-7pm.
RCC Board of Director Nominations Process:
The steps for running for the RCC Board of Directors include:
- Submit a Nominations Form (online below or in-store) 2018-Nominations-Form
- Submit a photo
- Attend the Annual Meeting and introduce yourself
All applications and questions about running for the Board should be submitted to email@example.com. The deadline for all applications is September 8th, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Renaissance Co-op!
RCC currently serves over 1300 member-owners. The Board of Directors consists of nine (9) member-owners. The role of the Board of Directors is to represent the interests of our members by setting policies that direct the long-term viability of the store. The Board of Directors operates according to Policy Governance, which outlines our vision and goals as a store and policies for achieving those goals.